The fourth day (Thursday) will be devoted to six seminars (in parallel) at the higher education level. These seminars will be organised by interested stakeholders with the aim of transferring knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- Solar energy - harnessing solar energy resources and integrating storage technologies to promote access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa (Léonide Sinsin and Jean Snoeck).
- Biomass Energy (Léonide Sinsin).
- Nuclear energy and challenges for the development of the continent: potentials (human resources and inputs), needs in various fields and vital sectors (health, industry, electric energy production, agriculture, education, crafts, materials, etc.), training, fundamental and applied research, new needs, collaborations, partnerships, etc. (Rajaâ Cherkaoui and Bernard Mairy).
- Innovative funding mechanisms for the energy sector in Africa (Bernard Mairy and Natalia Svarinska).
- Development of local institutional capacities and scientific resources to meet Africa's needs in energy and related sectors.(Norbert Hounkonnou and Marc Lobelle).
Finally, a number of cultural and/or technical visits to Benin are scheduled during the week for conference participants and accompanying persons.