The fourth day (Thursday) will be devoted to six seminars (in parallel) at the higher education level. These seminars will be organised by interested stakeholders with the aim of transferring knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- Energy, climate and sustainable development in Africa: Local Institutional Capacity Development (by UDP = UN Environment Programme /UNEP/- DTU - Partnership)
- Solar energy - tapping into solar energy resources to drive electricity access in SubSaharan Africa
- Modular energy production (e.g. mobile gas turbines in response to sudden demands) and/or cogeneration plants (heat - electricity)
- Design and development of small hydropower plants, taking advantage of the enormous untapped potential of rivers and small dams
- Exploring the role of scientific resources and capacity building as a response to needs of emerging countries in the sectors of transport, residential, industry and services
- Innovative financing mechanisms in Africa for projects related to energy access, including circular economy (material recycling and energy recovery).
Finally, a number of cultural and/or technical visits to Benin are scheduled during the week for conference participants and accompanying persons.